HomeSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Black Ben

PostSubject: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:44 pm

would anyone object to me chopping and shortening my current standard rear camber arm things? is theres anything highly stupid/dangerous in doing so?
it'll be done properly so they're strong etc, im just on a poverty driven mindset atm!
I was gonna just buy some camber arms but for 60+ pound id rather not if i don't have to..
I've never heard of anyone ever doing it but i cant see why it'd be a problem if done good.

Wont be shorten them majorly, my wheels currently sit flush'ish with the arch, unrolled, so we're talking maybe an inch? not too sure but not that much i wouldnt of thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:30 am

do it ...it can only kill ya if it goes wrong lol

ooo and pics please of mod not you dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Ben

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:35 am

I know, i mean if i die i die LOL least i'll have saved some dough..

I'll be down the unit on Saturday so i'll probably set to work then, will get pics! keep ya eyes pealed. the trip down the motorway home will be f*ckin tense though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tesh

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:20 am

Car & Money > Life and safety your priorities are just messed up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Ben

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:29 am

tesh wrote:
Car & Money > Life and safety your priorities are just messed up!

not really.....
I was obviously joking up there ^
I wouldn't do it if I knew it wasn't going to be safe, im not an idiot. Hence why i'm asking on here before I do it, and even when I do i'll make sure its safe, I've got two spare arms anyway if i'm not happy with the strength and durability of them when they're done, its worth a try.. there's no reason why it wont work as far as i can see, enlighten me if i'm wrong...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:41 am

tesh we have all done dodge repairs in the past the problem is this game is a money pit so if you can save you will do ..it more fun when the wheel falls off lol

if it look safe try it you will soon find out if its not right
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Ben

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:51 am

big-al wrote:
tesh we have all done dodge repairs in the past the problem is this game is a money pit so if you can save you will do ..it more fun when the wheel falls off lol

if it look safe try it you will soon find out if its not right

+1 Its worth a try, if it don't work it don't work, but if it does I've saved myself money for something else. its all fun Smile

(Awaits "yeah all fun until you kill yourself or someone else".. don't bother tbh Suspect )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:54 am

i was going to space them out where they mount to the car (washers and longer bolts) to correct my camber when i slammed my ek, which would of been safe obviously.

but you want to shorten them? if you can explain how your going to 'shorten' them, i'd like the hear it. if you have'nt got enough camber already, go lower Razz

"Hellaflush isn't just about hard parking and taking photos of your flush ride. It's about making it look good racing/drifting it."
T.O.A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:58 am

Yeah Ben you have me confused too??

Why would you want to shorten them??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

Im sure the arm does go shorter when you dial in more negative camber? as thats what happened with my eibach ones when i maxed them out (negative wise).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Ben

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

Because my wheels arent going to tuck from just lowering, and if i dont have to fork out for camber arms id rather not thats all Razz.

Just a little experiment i thinks worth a try. as i said i wont need to shorten them by much for them to tuck. if it don't work/isnt safe i'll just put on the spare arms ive got, I'll get pics up when i do it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..   

Back to top Go down

Shortening OEM rear camber arm things..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car related :: Car related chat-
Jump to: