Hi all, i copied and pasted this from another forum im on as writting it out time and time again gets tedious, so appologies if it wavers slightly.
This thread is about my MA70 toyota supra.
The story goes like this, i was helping a old mate of mine restore a ford roadster hot rod when he turned around to me and said 'do you want a supra?'
I said 'sure how much'? and he said 'no, do you WANT a supra?', well after looking abit shocked i said 'yeh go for it' thinking it was all just talk.
The next day he brought in the v5, so i went from a 1.4 shit box to a 3.0 supra, i was happy.
The next day i had to pick it up, it was sat still in a garage for for 2 years so i was expecting shit loads of work to get a MOT on it, but it wasnt to bad, the usual stuff, disks, pads small hole in the floor pan, flexis and thats about it, OH apart from the exhaust which i had custom made.
This is how i got it.
Like i said at that point it had, ebc disks and pads all round, goodridge flexis, a full stainless custom exhaust, and a rebuilt 7m - ge.
But i hated how high it was and the flakey red paint so i decided (having no spraying experience) to spray it.
I initially wanted white but i soon changed my mind
I also installed some BC racing coilovers and started stripping out the interior and sound deadening, i dont know why everyone bitches about that job, i found it fairly easy.
This is how it looked after the D.I.Y respray and the coilovers fitted.
Unfortunatly im sure most people will agree you cant have nice things without someone fucking it up anymore, so one day i woke up to this.
Nice aye, no details either.
So me and a mate set about fixing it and it took a little longer then expected but we done it
During that time though i got hold of some veilside split rims and a pre facelift front bumper so safe to say those went on quickly.
Heres how she stood at MODIFIED NATIONALS, the 1st show she went to after the hit and run, she got finished about 2 days before lol.
And heres how she stood at winter 2010, i front mounted the oil cooled for abit of a BOSO look, lowered her some more, fit the veilsides, and just generally maintained her for a while.
Then during winter storage i started hoarding parts and carrying out basic maintenence on the old girl.
So a couple of weeks ago i gathered all of my new parts and slung them in the back of the van for a day of fun/swearing maybe a missing knuckle or 2.
The glorious parts i got were as follows :
2 x 30mm hubcentric spacers
2 x 50mm hubcentric spacers
S14 origin side skirts
Stainless catch can
Yellow stuff pads
NGK ignition leads
NGK iridium plugs
Pipercross air filter OR K and N filter (didnt know which to put on so giving them both trials)
Homemade short shifter kit
Mobil oil and filter
AND a replacement for the broken trim.
I also refurbed the veilsides in a metallic grey which looks awesome IMO.
Anyway 2 weeks ago i changed all the coolent and oil and filters.
Then i trial fitted the 50mm spacers on the rear and 30mm on the front and rolled the arches back and got this fitment.
Quite please as its the fitment i wanted and itll get better once it goes lower once im off the farm.
Anyway after fitting the rest of the stuff and not getting any pics (my bad, i was busy) me and a mate desided to adress the skirts.
I got these for very cheap so it didnt matter what i done to them, i just needed them to fit, now s13 skirts were ment to fit with some slight mods so i thought with some mods s14 skirts would fit too.
I was right.
IF being right means slicing them in half and extending them by 9cm's.
So skirts are half done, in which i mean theyre cut, now ive gotta extend them and offer them up to see what else needs to be done.
So watch this space and with any luck youll see some completed skirts in the next week.
These are the most recent pictures i have of her.
The other day when parked on my road i thought ide get some pictures.
On friday i had a spare 5mins at work and installed my new security device, a lovely gold snap off boss.
The side skirts are pretty much finished all thats left is for me to spray them and fit them.
The main plans for it at the moment is lower it more, fabricate the roll cage and drop in a new engine and running gear along with other little changes.
The number one engine choice so far is a 1jz gte with a r154 gearbox as they came in later models so bits and pieces would be simpler to come by.
Another choice would be a 2jz ge converted to a single turbo but that would require more work then the first choice.
And the last choice is a SR20DET. But thats ALOT more work then either of the 2 above.
Any questions ill try my best to answer.