HomeSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spence

PostSubject: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 12:34 pm

I have spent the majority of my younger years and driving life buying and selling hondas for profit.

I have never spent a penny or time on any of them to a certain extent.

Now when i own the honda of my dreams i have never had so many problems.

Karma?

Yes i am from Birmingham, yes if your honda has more then 6 owners ive probably owned it at some point, no i have never wound the miles off any of them.
All the ones i have sold have been nice clean straight cars.
They may have had paper mache sills but whatever....

Just kidding.. I often wonder why do us Birmingham lads have such a bad name for ourselves in the honda community. Then i take a drive around town an go, ohhhh yeahhh!

Now im growing up i seem to be spending more time and money on them so i feel its appropriate to have one for keeps and stop selling them and finally give it, the one ive wanted since i can remember the love and care it deserves

So i thought id try to stick to one an represent the good Birmingham guys that werent like me or any of the rest of the traders in Birmingham an hopefully learn somthing about myself in the process.

For those that are like just shutup an show me pictures of ef9's without further ado.
It started with.

An it will end with

Basic spec consists of.
B20 built in jdm land
b20b bottom b16a head
Itr Inlet
Itr TB
Itr 4-1 Mani
5zigen exhaust
Insane 2 way diff (Pain in the ass cusco? mugen? who knows)
The wheels were removed by Cue as i have no interest in them. Few goodies i found when i started getting rid of the crap inside.

JDM RAINX YO
JDM TOUCH UP PEN YO
COST 100,000 YEN NOT INCLUDING IMPORT FEES YO!
(Will be selling on ebay later for about 700 pounds... jdm scene tax ftl..)
A PIAA nakajima with a very very used potenza track tyre. Shame there werent a set, its very light and i think would look good on this.

Few pics inside.

Bay!

First TOA meet in it.

Changed the steering wheels from
This

To this along with my skunk 2 knob

When i picked the car up the thread had snapped on one of the bolts upon removal of pass front wheel. Then when i changed the wheels a few days later another snapped same side i wouldnt mind but when i did the dirty deed they were only finger tight.
That week i also lost my job but thats another story.

So with that sorted i went to santapod with a friend in his Nova van in hopes to make a base time befor tuning and further messing. But Karma were there to shoot me down with a big fat M16. Had years of selling cars caught up with me? You can make up your own minds about that!

The bonnet pins had failed at 60 mph on the motorway ending up with the bonnet flying up smashing my loverly bronze windscreen and creasing my loverly dentless roof. We werent far from santapod so did the best we could in bodging it all back together and carried on with our journey. Once there met some cracking lads from crx uk and had a lovely day and a good chat with most of you (Sorry dont know names but thanks for taping my bonnet back together i apprichate it haha) Whilst their decided not to run my car as id had enough bad luck that month without adding more. How wrong was i?!

Just getting onto the m5 about 6 miles away from home and my car starts shaking like mad then the smell of burning oil then when i accelerated it pulled me badd to the right when i decelerated bad to the left. By this i'd had enough and decided to carry on my journey home with a very slow 50 mph drive down the motorway, once off it were as if my clutch was slipping bad. My worst fear were that the gearbox had given up so when i got home the next day draged her into the garage and heres where the fun begins.

We later found out that what had actually happened is that the bearings in the driveshaft had given up and spat the driveshaft out from the gearbox which in turn leaked very expensive greeny yellow gearbox oil out of the side and ended up all over the underside of my car

Any idea of a brand? Anyone with any idea about what the oil is at all?

I thought to put the standard y2 box we had lying around as the 2 way were doing my head in with the clunking and banging and shaking. when my dad bought it many moons ago the engine and box only had 14K on them and were taken out of a stolen recovered ee8 that had apparently been in a serious wild police chase.
Being 14k box youd think it were a very good working condition....
Nope.. The gearbox is a dudd wont select 3rd 4th or reverse.

So the car has earned itself the name Karma. But this is my punishment im going to take it like a man an get on with it. Surely it cant get any worse?
Or can it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tesh

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 6:41 pm

Na keep at it spence just, try your best to replace stuff with new parts, remember i told you the list of issues with my teg how the whole car kinda fell apart well now one year latery apart from body work (cant be arsed with it as on motorway alot) the car is so mint i love it smooth, fast and no random knoks ands bangs at all.

My advice dont try and modify at all yet, focus on all the maintanence work first. good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:31 pm

TOLD YOU TO KEEP THAT WHITE CRX!

Spence

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:14 am

Yeah Tesh no stress with this one, just gunna get on with it! There's bits that will come out like the bride seat etc etc, take my time an do it right!

Ned I've never owned a White crx so there NA NA NUH NA NA!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:25 am

Looks like you need to stop buying cars from up north mate... But well done on getting a Big powered SIR, as eveyone said get the main bits sorted out and youll be back in the saddle very soon.

Sorry to hear about the Job front dude, things will begine to look up soon mate:-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:49 am

was it a black one then?

Spence

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:54 am

Blue mate like pallets!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:10 am

oh yeah. Shows how much I pay attention!

cus

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Thu 21 Apr 2011, 5:26 am

looks nice mate didnt even know you had this, loved the black crx though got to admit.

shame about whats happend to it.

if i was you dude think about the situation your in now, you've just lost your job and if things keep going wrong on the car its gonna cost you and its gonna make you not want it for that reason, if you can i'd say lock it off until your back on your feet again then press on with the project. i had to exactly the same thing with my coupe and kind of regret it thinkin about it.

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Thu 21 Apr 2011, 5:44 am

bad luck spence - what a shame about the bonnet + roof

whats the power difference feel like from the black eg? any?

really loving 4th gen's more than ever. the only Sir i havent had, after the eg6 sir, ek4 sir and teg sir-g bounce

"Hellaflush isn't just about hard parking and taking photos of your flush ride. It's about making it look good racing/drifting it."
T.O.A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Spence

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Thu 21 Apr 2011, 8:35 am

Feels faster but that may be because the chassis is so much more aggressive and raw then the Eg, it has more torque and more bottom end for sure! I'd say this is down about 30-40 bhp on the civic maybe 190 - 200 bhp at the moment!

It's not as quick after 100 ( private roads of course) but this has no limiter which is scary as fark an is tuned on jdm 110-115 octane so it will die off I suppose.

Needs a dyno tune but I'd like to change cams inlet tb inlet Mani an zaust Mani so think I'm just gunna get a road tune from Daz for now.

The 2 way diff is mental absolutely horrid on normal driving but the second you take it above 6k it's a completely different car handling is insane! Been told it's either a mugen or a cusco, but il take that with a pinch of salt!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mart609

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Thu 21 Apr 2011, 8:18 pm

unlucky spence Sad
it looked like a beast at the last meet
hope you get back on your feet, jobwise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spence

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 12:48 am

Yesterday was a busy day, after finding out the y2 is absolutely shot and my attempts to source a standard y1 lsd just stupid, Ive decided that my y1 were going to have to go back in despite the shaking, banging and knocking it still has a vicious lsd and its somthing that is really handy to have in any ef. Also we have sorted the driveshaft problems so thought with any luck some fresh oil some sort of additive and the driveshafts would stop the shaking and quieten down the knocking.

I searched the internet a few days befor finally decidiing the above about using different oils in plated diffs im told mine could be a mugen or a cusco 2 way diff but its just word of mouth/peoples oppinions so i took it with a pinch of salt, both being high end diffs i though oil would be key even if it were some odd jdm cheap 2 way! I searched honda tech with little to no luck found myself trawling through page after page of drift forums (as there is obviously more use and knowledge of after market diffs) and had some great ideas but still no concrete evidence it would work on a fwd honda!

So after speaking to Mugen and Cusco about it and both giving similar answers both useful and helpful but both promoting their own oils and at around 30 pounds a ltr not including shipping import tax etc etc it was looking very expensive. I decided in the end to go with http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-415-red-line-gear-oil-final-drive-oil-atfs-mtfs.aspx and a bottle of "ford friction modifier" Driftworks supplied the oil but couldnt find anyone that had even heard of friction modifier and realising the only way that i will get some is by buying some from the US i will have to do without for now, or order in some redline shockproof additive im undecided yet!

Gunna be putting my old fat 5's on as im struggling for clearence at the moment

After a 300 mile round trip to hull and back and a good chat with Walsh (Pleased to meet you sir) i finally have a oem black bonnet HURRAHH! bye bye shiterglass
Old.

New.

The old man finally doing somthing useful... Haha

With new bonnet, had to tilt the rear to clear the rocker cover.

Random dark picture!

The result and finally a little sunlight, the shaking has gone completely, its not trying to throw me in any direction under light or full acceleration and finally its not knocking on full lock at half/full throttle. It still knocks and bangs and low speeds on full lock but its alot quieter and less irratic an unmanageable, thats without any modifier or addative too so great result im very happy. Means i get to keep my lsd too Very Happy

Ive found a local lad that brakes a few 4g civics so should be able to get a new windscreen albeit not bronze but anythings better then cracked he very kindly deleivered me drivers side seat rails so now i can get rid of the bride and find some recaros to weld in. As for the roof im going to leave it for now and just enjoy the car, it was never preety or show standard so im just gunna call it my stamp somthing to remember whenever i feel the need to sell it. Haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 12:50 am

Does this mean your coming out to play cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cus

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 8:02 am

good to hear dude!

Stokes

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 10:01 am

Nice one dude!

Pm me some pictures of the bride when your ready to sell Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 7:59 pm

This is one mother fff quick car...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tesh

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:44 am

its a b20 isnt it what did u expect when in an EF shell yo they are fast enough with just a nice b16 stock!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spence

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Fri 15 Jul 2011, 6:42 am

So its been a long time since ive updated this, an if im honest it has been a slow progress.

There is so much ive wanted to do but needs a must at the moment, on the plus side ive started a new job so things are back on track so to speak.

Mods ive done!

Front discs were warped so ive chenged them for drilled and grooved items. The problem i faced were my new discs are a fair bit wider then the rover ones. So the 2 guides between the actual floating part saw a little angle grinding action.

Also ive added some recaros from my fellow 4g enthusiast Owen. i quite like them harder wairing then i thought and very comfortable.

Because ive changed the discs i can no longer run the lensos as i have absolutely no clearance, so finally after a lot of messing around i can use the scabby old fat 5's.

Onwards and upwards from here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:33 am

Well done on the new job dude
good functional update - if it needs replacing - uprate it Cool

"Hellaflush isn't just about hard parking and taking photos of your flush ride. It's about making it look good racing/drifting it."
T.O.A.
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Sat 16 Jul 2011, 2:20 am

Nice update Spence, I'm glad the Lenso's ahve gone. There are a set of 15" SSR's like you used to own on 4guk for sale atm that would look the tits on this.

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Sat 16 Jul 2011, 2:22 am

Ned wrote:
Nice update Spence, I'm glad the Lenso's ahve gone. There are a set of 15" SSR's like you used to own on 4guk for sale atm that would look the tits on this.

That ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Sat 16 Jul 2011, 2:26 am

a set of wheels would finish it off. something track orientated imo

T.O.A.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Sat 16 Jul 2011, 3:43 am

And a roof rack ;-)

Dont forget the roof rack pun!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spence

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   Sat 16 Jul 2011, 5:07 am

Cheers fellas!

Yeah Dave that's the way this will roll until next year when I brake it il uprate it!

Ned I too am glad the lensos are gone! They were the Bain of my life! I'd love some sexy wheels but I must buy a daily an sort the things that are niggling me probably a trip to the bodyshop also, so I dont want her off the road on sick wheels, haha!

Powelly I'm not hardcore enough to rock a roofrack, I lack a Bmx, kayak, tent, ladders, a 90 year old wife and/or a gaycard.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)   

Back to top Go down

Spence's EF9 siR (Karma)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next