HomeSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

My CRX

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:52 am

Surprises mate, you will see tomorow or Saturday when you come down! I'm hoping to be able to have all the Alb stuff sorted tomorow got some diagrams of how it needs to be just need some new lines and little bits to do it! Hoping the b18 might go in satrday if I can get gaskets etc tomorow aswell!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:14 am

Oh and ben, if I can sort the Alb out tomorow or Saturday morning and get the box changed over and the few other little jobs then I'm feeling dropping the b18 in saturday if the hoist is available to lend should only take about an hour really then can spend Sunday refilling fluids and tightening everything up and refitting bits and maybe even fire her up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:26 am

haha just seen on facebook the new G ride! sick pallet i swear it will do like a million miles to a penny!

also yeah il get the hoist for saturday, if you can get diagrams and shizzle for the alb and if it only requires slightly bending the one pipe then it should be sweet, and tbf i would just go get gaskets asap, cause unless honda has them in stock (which they wont) im not sure if they can get them for saturday, i know the parts is open til 12 on saturday though!!!

i reckon its a challenge!

saturday fire her up (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:27 am

oh and wack that headlight surround out while the engines out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:39 am

I'm just gonna get a big reel of copper brake pipe mate and some connectors/fixings and custom make the lines as you need quite a few from looking at some pictures! Once they are made I might measure them up and get some braided lines made to fit so it looks nicer but for now I really just want to see if it will work before spending loads more on it!
I'm gonna try a motor factors first and failing that might buy some gasket paper and make a few the same and stack them up to create a thicker gasket! I'm just getting impatient now, I think it's been the 8 months of doing nothing and now I've got something to do and aim for I can't stop myself from working on it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 5:43 pm

yeah do that then, but have you got a flaring tool for the ends? yeah braided would be good if it all works ok (:

yeah just see what they say, if not home made thermo gasket haha!
yeah i know what you mean, its the worst aint it!!!!

oh and if your splitting the gearbox dont forget to change the release bearing before you put it back together

im gonna come round about 9 tomorrow so we can crack on! we will go get the hoist at some point in the day if you think your ready to drop it in (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ezza

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:07 pm

No messin around

Iv got a flaring tool if you need onem i cant vouch for how good it is but if u need it give me a shout

View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 6:32 am

Man I wish I would have saw this earlier before I bought a kit from Midwest cost me 50 for one days work but at least it is there for the future!
So yeah today started with a raping from Midwest walked out 140 lighter, got two oil filters, cv boot, brake flaring kit, 25ft copper brake pipe, 50 union connectors for the brakes, 5l drum of tetroseal and an inlet mani gasket for the b18 which they had to order and ordered a b16a2 one like dickheads so unless I can get one tomorow means more waiting around.
Got to say a massive massive thanks to stokesy for today he has spent all day sorting my brakes making me completely new lines so i can remove the alb system while I did other things that I can barely remember, looked like a pig of a job to do and has came out brilliant just got to test it all for if it works yet though!

How it started

New prop valve inplace and new lines started

New line connected to my new hel braided lines

All the new lines connected up

And the one thing I remember doing was quickly painting by calipers as the red was all flaking and looked gash anyway so hammerited them black

And behind te weds

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cus

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 6:44 am

ghetto or what, good idea though!

any scrap after you've removed anythin let me know thats if you dont weigh it in yourself Razz

pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 6:49 am

Yeah dude I've got an old wing you can take off me already, there's all the old Alb shit which must weight at least 10kg of metal, I'll have a route around and see what else I can find once the engine is in and running so I know I ain't throwing anything away I might need!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cus

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 6:51 am

cool bro!

Stokes

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 7:35 am

I ain't gonna lie, those new lines look sick!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 9:50 am

So, after dickhead here tried putting the gasket on the wrong way earlier and complained and moaned about it all afternoon I was speaking to ben about it and he said they should all be the same so I tried and tried and eventually got it the right way so have just spent some time in the garage fitting the inlet mani and fuel rail, injectors and found another problem where two sensors are too close so need a ghetto fix to get around it.
Here she is nearly back ready for action

And also fitted the intermediate shaft

Just got to switch an engine mount in the morning and get the gearbox off, cleaned and painted then fit it to the b18 and as far as I can see it's ready to go back in the bay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:01 am

pallet, its looking well good now, closer and closer everyday (:

how much of that copper line do you have left?

i may buy some off you and lend the flaring tool so i can scrap my abs off when i get rid of power steering and all that jazz when i take the engine out next month!

il be at yours for 9 (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:03 am

There's about half left mate but it was only like a tenner so not too expensive really! I'll show you tomorow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:30 am

ok sound!

and i can see what you mean about the sensor and the fuel pressure bullshizzle!

we will have to take a look into it tomorrow to see if we can work around it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:45 pm

good progress dude!
feeling the weds too

"Hellaflush isn't just about hard parking and taking photos of your flush ride. It's about making it look good racing/drifting it."
T.O.A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:01 pm

Noway i got a couple of brake flaring tools you could have borrowed man, i aint been on here to tell you Sad i hope your all working on it now cause im bored so might bop round if anyone replies to damn texts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lance

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:17 pm

ohh have u sold ur b16? Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 10 Apr 2011, 7:25 am

So today, up bright and early again to start work on the car. Quickly changed the oil filter on the b18 and split the crap broken cv boot off the driveshaft ready to fit the new one. Ben, Dean and Sam then turned up so we set about splitting the box off the b16. Took a while to get it off due to a stupid shield for the flywheel getting caught. Once it was off me and Dean cleaned it all up and painted it while ben and Sam were repairing the driveshaft and fitting the clutch release bearing. Once this was all sorted and the box fitted back to the engine we realised we could get it back in, one problem no engine hoist. So we decided to try anyway, hence the ghetto fitting.

And everyone hard at work, without these this never would have happened was an absolute mission but we managed to get it sorted in the end.

And all in on the mounts

We managed to fit the driveshafts the wrong way which caused about 4 hours of headaches figuring out that they weren't the same and couldn't be used on either side. We got all the wiring attached bar the map sensor that needs extending a bit to reach the sensor. The radiator and expansion tank is full of coolant and water and the brake fluid is filled. Tomorow we just need to fill the engine and gearbox with oil and sort out/check everything over as the only known problem at the moment is where a sensor and a vacuum is catching together on the inlet manifold causing fuel to piss out everywhere when we moved the car back into the garage.
So hopefully tomorow it should be running with the bumper and lights back on and me and everybody else who has helped grinning ear to ear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stokes

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 10 Apr 2011, 7:37 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
cus

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 10 Apr 2011, 9:39 am

cant wait to see it go!

Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 6:47 am

HAHA was the best way id ever got an engine into the bay tbh lol and i think you need a b18 fuel rail tbh as the b16 rail the fpr fouls on the stupid sensor that shouldn't be there cause toyota decided to put it in a way better place Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 7:26 am

Well today has been probably the most stressful of my life. Did a few little bits that needed sorting this morning then waited for everyone to turn up for the first start.
Everyone got here and we double checked everything to make sure we were ok to fire it up, and we turned the key. Fuel primed, starter clicking, engine not starting. We checked all the earths again and tried again, by now the battery was getting flat so we tried changing the chip in the ecu and still it wouldn't start. By now I was getting pissed off and stressed out! So we attached some jump leads and kept trying to no avail. We got the compression tester out as by now we thought there was nothing else except the engine was fucked stopping it from starting up. We got about 170 on number 1 low but not too bad, number 2 then showed about 60, so we tried again at WOT still no difference, by now I'd had enough as far as I was concerned engine was broke, wasnt going to start and I was massively out of pocket. Once I'd tidied up the tools and stuff my dad and stokes kept on trying to sort it out while I went off in a mood in the house. With nobody about stressing they managed to realise the fuel pump wasn't priming, although it had been fine the night before as it had pissed fuel out the FPR on second ignition stage. At this point I went back out to have a look and my dad told me about the fuel so I took of the main relay and checked the connections then thought about the chip being the b16 one we had changed earlier from the Htune b18chip, so changed it back over and BANG she fired up, smoke pouring everywhere from the heatwrap but she was running! We checked all the fluids and bled what we needed to and let it get to temperature and then pressure tested again, 220 across all cylinders, perfect! By now the relief was unreal after thinking the engine was broke and needed a full rebuild.
All that's left to do now is bleed the brakes and it can drive again which we are going to do tomorow morning!
Many thanks to everyone again who helped and put up with my major stress all day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 10:14 am

Pallet! im so happy it just turned out to be a silly little thing like that, but what did i say,

''dont worry its only something stupid'' (:

il be round to bleed the brakes with you tomorrow, probs be about 9-9.30 as i have work @ 12

then you can take it a quick drive up the street and back (:

think everyone worked well and has been a quick turn around considering!
cant wait to see it driving now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   

Back to top Go down

My CRX
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car related :: Gallery/Builds-
Jump to: