AuthorMessage
Stokes

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 03 Apr 2011, 7:10 am

Sexy motherfucker there
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 03 Apr 2011, 7:29 am

Beast pallet! if you get up early and start undoing the bolts for the gearbox and just wack a jack under there and il pop up as soon as im back from liverpool! should be back for around 11-12 with a new goodie Razz

but think i might have a bit of a problem with the hoist! so i reckon we might have to split the box off and get that out the way then put a jack or two under the engine then under the mount then lower it down and then lifet the car over the engine (:

shouldnt be too hard!

also get the driveshafts out if you can

give me a call about 10ish

hopefully alb will be out tomorrow and engine will be ready to plop in! (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 03 Apr 2011, 7:39 am

I don't think I'll be able to do the shafts or the box that early, feeling a bit sore tonight now after doing the bits today so I'll probably just start stripping the subframe and other bits that need painting and get a coat or two onto them all. I don't reckon Alb will be sorted in a day tbf especially a Sunday as I'll probably need some lines making up and if we drop the engine back in before that's sorted will just make it awkward again. Also gotta change the clutch and flywheel while engines out and I want to paint my box and clean the b18 properly and then attach all the ancillaries. I'm not in no rush anyway as got to wait for my ecu chip to come too before can start it, and I'm sure we will run into a few more problems on the way yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cus

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 03 Apr 2011, 8:17 am

sweet progress!

i miss messin with honda's man, you guys should get at me when your doing it and i'll pop round and give you a hand.

pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 03 Apr 2011, 8:23 am

Well we will be doing some stuff tomorow so if you want to come down feel free cus, if you pm me your number I'll give you a call when everyone else turns up and feel to pop round and lend a hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cus

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 03 Apr 2011, 8:36 am

looool i dont have a phone atm lost it :\ i think i might be slammin 2 cars tmz so doubt i'd have any free time.

as soon as i get another phone i'll pm you my number for future reference haha

pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Sun 03 Apr 2011, 8:38 am

No worries man, cheers for the offer anyway I'm sure we will be working on it a few weekends yet anyway so ill send you a message the night before or something if you ain't got a phone by then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rich-k-

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Mon 04 Apr 2011, 3:59 am

Awsome mate great build, awsome choice off wheels Smile i bet this will shift with the B18 in, Are you doing much to it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Mon 04 Apr 2011, 4:16 am

Rich, at the moment it will be a stock engine, with all the weight stripped from the car and the b18s standard power it should be pretty savage for an n/a car. Depending how long it takes to get used to the power there is always room for improvement with bigger manifolds inlet and exhaust side along with a 2.5" inch exhaust and a remap to suit should release a little more power before going for bigger cams or forced induction.
Today's progress was halted by not being able to get the engine hoist, which was ashame but can't be helped. The driveshafts are out except the middle shaft, and the engine is only on two mounts so is literally ready to be pulled the moment the hoist can be got.
Apart from that I've spent most the day grinding down rust and painting it over on the subframe and also painted up the b18 block, and the ancillaries that are to go on it. Changed over the dizzy and vtec solenoid to my obd0 items and just waiting for the paint on the starter motor to dry before fitting that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:16 am

Made some more progress over the past few days, although the b16 is still in the bay we have removed everything attached to it except gearbox, the wiring loom is now attached onto the b18 just waiting on a inlet manifold gasket to get that fitted. The thermo housing, alternator, fuel rail, injectors, throttle body have all been cleaned up and either polished or painted and are on the b18 so I can stay running obd0!
Also got some heatwrap and did my manifold ready for when the engine is in.

Ben also came round today and changed my new clutch and flywheel onto the new engine for me.
Here's the bitches at work haha

Now the bay is more bare I can start trying to remove the Alb stuff I can see once the brakes are bled so there won't be as much to do and will keep me busy tomorow for a while!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:50 am

Nice work goin on there pallett Smile gonna av to come round an check out this engine swap aswell loads goin on round here i to Dean the other night in the carvery an he is putting a c4 in his purple civic aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Wed 06 Apr 2011, 5:09 am

I havnt spoke to Dean in a while didn't know he was swapping engines already! I really just want this b16 out now so I can remove all the Alb shit and clean the bay up, depending how this comes out I might spray it but CEL blue is a bitch to match so might spray it some crazy colour instead but I doubt I will as I'll get bored halfway through cleaning let alone sanding it all back and prepping everythinng for paint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:19 am

That metallic blue my wheels are ftw babe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cus

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Thu 07 Apr 2011, 7:20 am

sweet progress dude!

pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Thu 07 Apr 2011, 7:51 am

Managed to get a little more done today with another mate, drained all the brake fluid from the car and then went about removing all the brake lines and bolts I could see around the Alb unit and eventually it popped out pretty easily!
Also managed to strip stokesys old head of all the manifold bolts which was an absolute mission breaking two pairs of mole grips in the process and put them into the b18 head ready for the manifolds to be attached!
So much space in the engine bay now with it all gone and saved a good 10kg in removing alb

Also installed my new chip for my ecu which is a basemap for the b18 to run in my pw0 staying obd0
Before

After

Can't recommend h-tune enough great service provided!
And all the scrap Alb shit left over

And finally scrapped the smiley face man off my mirror and gave it a new home where it should have gone in the first place haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:20 am

sweet pallet looks well better already!!

(:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:33 am

Hopefully tomorow engines coming out just gonna drop the engine and box onto the floor and lift the car over it hopefully!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Thu 07 Apr 2011, 7:24 pm

dont you need the hoist? i can get it for sat, but up to you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Thu 07 Apr 2011, 8:00 pm

Ill see how we get on today dude with lifting the car but if it fails then if uncoils borrow the hoist that would be great I'll text you later on and let you know, as I should only need the hoist for like an hour tops to get it out cause I know westy was asking for it aswell!
Also a minor update, couldn't sleep last night so was browsing eBay and bought a set of HID's gone for yellow bulbs again hopefully that will match this time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 4:46 am

Good work Pallett Smile should be sweet when all finished.

HAHA hopefully 1 aint green and 1 aint yellow lol

Ebay HID's = lose tho lol we have loads of customers coming into work asking us to fit ebay HID's and they always have faulty ballasts and all sorts flickering Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cus

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 4:54 am

sweet, yo i was gunna say about the ebay HID's, be carefull heard bad shit about them setting on fire and fuckin the hole loom up etc, if they come with a name and warrenty then sweet.

pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 6:41 am

Yo I had some before and they were cool and come with a year warranty so should be cool hopefully! Today we ghetto removed the engine with jacks, bricks and railway sleepers lifting the car over the engine. Now it's out can crack on with removing Alb and running the new lines I need to buy and splittin the old box and getting it prepared for the b18!

And the new engine Skitt power Yo

And the two lumps waiting for a few more parts to be changed over before the b16 is sold on!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stokes

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 7:37 am

Gearbox split tomoz ark kid!

All sliver and ting

Then we'll bust it back in yano
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
pallett

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 7:46 am

Yes bruv, and gotta pick up the new beast aswell at some point in the day!
I dno whether to put the box back on the engine before fitting it or if it will be easier without but it's a tight bay to squeeze it in afterwards. Hmmm decision decisions will have to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebooosh...!

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:47 am

Excellent pallet!

how long did it take you lot to do that?

so now you can start scrapping the rest of the alb and tucking the big fuse boxes a little (:

what new beast you gotta go pick up?

il come round on saturday and give you hand again!

and hopefully soon the b18 will be in and running ready for some track action!!!!!

(:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My CRX   

Back to top Go down

My CRX
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car related :: Gallery/Builds-
Jump to: