HomeSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

My new project car (teg h8rz beware)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Mon 23 Mar 2009, 3:31 am

bar-steward.

Looking great now the block is in cheers

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Mon 23 Mar 2009, 5:59 am

cheers, im still grinning.

so pleased.

Did some tinkering today, got the starter motor cleaned, painted and on, found some new mint nuts for my exhaust mani (old ones were completely fucked), and got that on, checked the gearbox all the way round and bolted it all on securely (had just 3 bolted it on to fit in car), tightened all mounts, fitted intermediate shaft and spent a while getting my head around what wiring remains, which pleasingly is not too much.

I was going to fit the shifter but for how much a short shifter is i thought id wait and get one first (anyone selling one?).

Took off all the bonze (now shitty brown) bits from the engine bay to paint later on, also took the headlights off, while im waiting for the paint to dry imma give em some sand paper (working up to super fine sand paper) and then some autosol (get rid of the yellowed ones too).

things to get (anyone has any of this for sale or can get it lmk) (tesh is on teh service stuff):

1. Dizzy (B series (OBD 1 Preferably))
2. Short shifter (any make)
3. corbue (sp?) seat rail drivers
4. dry cell battery
5. P28 or P30 ECU (OBD1)
6. air filter + pipe (something nice)

Il add as i remember lol.

View user profile
ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Mon 23 Mar 2009, 6:05 am

OMG!! this thread was a year old on the 3rd!

happy birthday thread, lol.

View user profile
ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Mon 23 Mar 2009, 10:40 am

Daytime pic of the bay:

Took the lights off for a sand/clean, just did the one, it takes ages to sand off the yellow tint Mad

after sanding:

after autosol:

A quick pic of one fitted to see how they'l look.

View user profile
cus

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Mon 23 Mar 2009, 10:58 am

ye man they deffo look better clear! im glad you've made that choice Smile

and the engine/bay looks mighty mighty mighty fine!

Attley

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Mon 23 Mar 2009, 11:13 am

tbf i liked them alot amber before, gave it it character i think, but now there clear it gives the car alot of more of a clean feel. looks good man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Mon 23 Mar 2009, 11:39 am

cheers, yeah i know what you mean, but i think i prefer the clear, looks more 'factory' than with the yellow's and alot cleaner, also makes the honda badge more peomonent, its got yellow fogs tho which when on (cant really tell atm) will kinda give it some of that 'character' back.

View user profile
steve-o

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Mon 23 Mar 2009, 11:56 pm

cool ya finaly gettin some progress look good althought i think it looked better with the yellow lights they just need to be shiny rather than flat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Benny

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Tue 24 Mar 2009, 5:12 am

Bay Looks Awesome! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Tue 24 Mar 2009, 6:49 am

Im in a catch 22 now, Would have loved to have seen it with the yellow lights, but it does look hella clean with them both clear now.
Can't decide which I prefered

tesh

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Tue 24 Mar 2009, 7:51 am

yh clear is better and oem, luvin the camber of front wheel in the last pic, hows the hubs cumin along at the machine shop?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Tue 24 Mar 2009, 9:49 am

cheers all, i appreciate your honesty, but personally i am liking the clear lights right now for the clean oem out the factory clean look.

I rang up about the hubs today and the guy said it was with his machinist who is going to have a look too see if there is enough room to get 5x130, he said he'd get back to me, im still waiting. Should hopefully be tomorrow.

Just gotto get round to ordering my brake line parts Mad

View user profile
tesh

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Wed 25 Mar 2009, 6:49 am

still having issues with the online checkout lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayGTI

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Thu 26 Mar 2009, 4:53 am

Yer man deffo' coming along now, what a pain in the ass that yella' was to get off.... You had a go at the other side yet geeze?

The pictures dont do it justice, they come up hella' clean Twisted Evil

Just keep up the work man its looking sweeeeet Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Thu 26 Mar 2009, 7:38 am

cheers, nah not done it yet, been workin lates so not had time.

yeah tesh, i think im just gunna email them

View user profile
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Thu 26 Mar 2009, 7:50 am

ezz you wont belive this but i just installed a stereo into a ford fiesta mk5
its wheels were powdercoated team dynamics, they glow in the dark. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayGTI

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Thu 26 Mar 2009, 8:29 pm

OMG its getting more popular by the minute! Not good Evil or Very Mad

I would seriousley reconsider having rims powder coated after reading a thread on itr-dc2 about it weakening the alloy and causing fatigue to the metal if baked at the wrong temp!

EDIT: Found it....
Complaint
RM Coatings Ltd objected to a national press ad for a wheel refurbishment company. Text stated " ... POWDER COATING ALLOYS We do not powder coat alloy wheels as this can cause serious stress damage to the alloys, which can result in cracks and buckles to the alloy as they become very brittle, therefore we do not recommend this type of refurbishment for your wheels. We apply manufacturers finish through all our refurbishment process ... N.B. For safety reasons do not have your wheels powder coated". The complainants challenged whether the ad was misleading, because they believed it exaggerated the likelihood of alloy wheels being damaged by powder coating processes.

Codes section: 3.1, 7.1, 20.1

Adjudication
Complaint upheld
Wheel Services said the powder coating process took approximately 60 minutes and, during that time, wheels were subjected to temperatures of 200 to 210 degrees Celsius; they said the process caused alloy wheels to expand and contract and therefore subjected the wheel to structural damage. Wheel Services submitted photographs that they believed showed damage to an alloy wheel at temperatures of 149 degrees Celsius. They asserted that powder coating damaged alloy wheels and disagreed that the ad would mislead in the way the complainants suggested.

The ASA noted the complainant's assertion that the powder coating of alloy wheels could be carried out at temperatures lower than 200 degrees Celsius and, because this was below the ductile region for aluminium alloys, no structural damage would result to the wheel.

The ASA took independent expert advice. We understood from the expert that the powder coating process typically involved temperatures ranging from 175 to 210 degrees Celsius, although some powder coating could also be done at 145 degrees Celsius. We noted the aluminium alloy wheels in question were likely to be made of alloy 6061, which contained elements such as magnesium and silicon to help improve strength and resistance to hot cracking, and that a typical 6061-T6 aluminium alloy wheel would not be expected to suffer a significant decrease in its strength following powder coating that involved temperatures of up to 210 degrees Celsius and for up to 30 minutes. We understood, however, some different alloys could suffer and the thermal history of a previously-used wheel could also mean it had already experienced damage before powder coating. We also noted repeated powder coating of the same wheel could eventually lead to a decrease in strength.

We noted structural damage could occur to a wheel following the powder coating process, depending on the type of aluminium alloy used. Although we considered it reasonable to alert potential customers to this and for Wheel Services to express their opinion on the matter, we considered that the claim "N.B. For safety reasons do not have your wheels powder coated" exaggerated the possible damage that could result to alloy wheels following powder coating and was likely to mislead. We told Wheel Services to remove the claim and advised them to avoid implying that powder coating would definitely result in structural damage to all alloy wheels. We advised Wheel Services to consult the CAP Copy Advice team for help with amending the ad.

The ad breached CAP Code clauses 3.1 (Substantiation), 7.1 (Truthfulness) and 20.1 (Marketer denigration).

Anyways back to ezza's build....

You have the glow stuff anyways ezz so just do it afro

Last edited by JayGTI on Thu 26 Mar 2009, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Attley

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Thu 26 Mar 2009, 8:52 pm

sayin that theres a pug 106 quicksiver on my estate in p'borough with glow in the dark wheels, mind you theres nothing that someone hasn't done so if you like it do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Thu 26 Mar 2009, 10:12 pm

Yea man just go for it. if it can make g60 alloys look ace then yours are gonna rock!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Fri 27 Mar 2009, 4:56 am

angel eyes for the gay

tesh

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Fri 27 Mar 2009, 5:25 am

if everyone is so bothered about bein the same id all sell ur honda's ect as they are common as f**k regardless of what you do cmon people lighten up a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Fri 27 Mar 2009, 6:20 am

yeah but angel eyes are gay

Michael

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Fri 27 Mar 2009, 7:06 am

There's differences between

1.) Being unique and it looking good.

and

2.) Being unique because it looks shit.

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.JDMtas.com
tesh

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Fri 27 Mar 2009, 7:06 am

Quote :
yeah but angel eyes are gay

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   Fri 27 Mar 2009, 8:13 am

Anyway.....

look whats arrived:

(its a fuel filter btw)

Its a bit bigger than i thought so im going to mount it rather than have it just coming out the end of the fuel rail like i was going to, looks good though, well impressed with the quality, its quite exiting finally getting some new stuff rather than fitting shit that was already on the car.

More to come....

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   

Back to top Go down

My new project car (teg h8rz beware)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next